Friday, February 7, 2014

Insurance

I am thankful that we have had insurance over the years, but sometimes I get frustrated with them. For example, Donny's anxiety levels seem to be spiking right now, but for the most part, he has been fairly stable lately. Then in December we received a letter from the insurance company saying they will no longer pay for the Abilify, which has been working as his stabilizer lately. I've tried fighting it but for some reason, they seem to think they know better than the doctors. So obviously, the insurance companies are no longer looking out for the patient's best interests.
Then looking for support staff, it is difficult to find counselors that take insurance. A few of stated that the insurance companies actually hurt their business either by tying their hands on what they can/cannot do for their patients or by not paying the doctor in a timely manner for services rendered. So the insurance companies are looking out for the doctors.
Who are the insurance companies looking out for? It seems to me they are only looking out for themselves and their stockholders. I get it that they need to look out for the best interest of their stockholders, but I have to look out for the best interest of my son.
Surely there is a way that the insurance companies can help their customers while still representing their stockholders. I hope with faith they can figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment